Aerospace and Defense Program
About the opportunity
The client participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. The client provides solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service.
• Significant portion (approx. 80%) of workforce did not relocate
• New employees had tough learning curve
• Quality defects increased
• Began to fall behind on schedule
• Customer brought additional resources to support
We identified opportunities in the program and used a three-phase approach:
• Phase 1 – Workplace organization: We focused on eliminating excessive motion by mechanics due to a disorganized work environment.
• Phase 2 – Standardization: We began implementing standard work on key processes where there was risk due to problems in quality, cost, and/or cross training.
• Phase 3 – Quality Improvement: In the last phase we focused on specific problems affecting the quality of the finished product.
• MRB WT tags generated / shipset by 44%
• Open Non-conformances by 66%
• Cumm Hrs behind schedule by 24%
We have developed and used a proven approach to ensure manufacturers achieve and sustain significant performance improvement. Our consultants have over 15 years of experience working with manufacturers and developing their capabilities.