Construction Electrical Subcontractor
About the opportunity
Relatively few companies within the construction industry had successfully accomplish this. The senior leaders decided that implementing continuous improvement within their business was the answer. The goal was to embed continuous improvement deep within their daily practices and culture.
We quickly realized there were many versions of the same process company wide. This was the result of not having established standards for employees to follow. This was affecting profitability from project to project. The following phase was to deploy a standard work initiative company wide. In this effort we identified, documented, and eliminated the sources of variation, defects, errors, and excess processing from the business. Ultimately this helped create stability and a continuous improvement culture.
• Reduce labor costs by 10% at one of their pre-assembly/manufacturing operations
• Reduce project kick-off process lead time by 50% (from 12 to 6 days)
• Reduce inventory by 60% at one of their pre-assembly/manufacturing operations
• Reduced field evaluations lead times by 55% (from 11 to 5 weeks)
• Reduced service customer billing lead times by 67% (from 18 to 6 days)
We have developed and used a proven approach to ensure manufacturers achieve and sustain significant performance improvement. Our consultants have over 15 years of experience working with manufacturers and developing their capabilities.